Monday 30 November 2009

Irony

Lately I can't help but chuckle at the irony of the words of our *esteemed leaders* (or do I mean *running out of steam*?)

Take for instance this quote from the Telegraph:

"If we bandy around accusations regardless of the facts, and take action regardless of the evidence, we will just end up alienating the very communities we need to help us tackle extremism."

Oh, right, so we can safely assume then that this level headed person would never over see the eradication of a community based on flawed evidence? Ah, no, silly me, of course not, because this is the same person who supported the Badman review in its entirety, and who has now commissioned the most shocking piece of anti parent and anti child legislation that this country has ever seen.

It's ok though, because Ed also says:

"We all have a duty to stand up for the values that underpin our society.

That does mean challenging those who actively seek to undermine them and influence others to do the same - on the streets, on the Internet or behind closed doors."


Which is exactly what we're doing Ed, so perhaps you might have a word in the shell like of your laccies over at DCSF central and get them to stop issuing nasty letters to people who are just *doing what you told us to*.







5 comments:

  1. Ah, but Balls merely wants all of us citizens to listen to what he says, but not do what he does.

    We have a gigantic class action for discrimination brewing. Just think of all that moolah we'll get in compensation to spend on home education and University classes, on books and broadband connection fees. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want any compensation money. I think that the crazy compensation culture that has developed in this country is in part to blame for what we are facing now.

    I want the government to act in a reasonable, respectful and lawful manner, and if that means using the law against them, so be it, but not for financial gain. The country is bankrupt as it is, and it would not sit comfortably with me to be responsible for taking what little money is available for decent public services to compensate me for being discriminated against. The only *prize* I want to see is my family's continued freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want any compen either. I just want them to fro and leave us to get on with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want compensation money either. That is just a way of expressing something. The fact is that someone might do something wrong and hurt another person. Compensation simply tries to redress that wrong.

    I believe that home educators are being wronged here, and therefore they deserve some type of compensation. That's all I meant.

    ReplyDelete