Thursday, 5 November 2009
From an old proverb: *Drowning men will grasp at straws"
Definition: "depend on something that is useless; to make a futile attempt at something."
That's what this sorry shower have been doing don't you think? Shall we count some of the ways?
1. Call people you don't like rude names in the press and before the select committee and hope that some of the mud sticks.
2. Fall back on tried and tested methods from your past, and accuse people you don't like of being mentally ill.
3. Tell children that they have to do something because you are from the government and you say so.
1. "However, there are concerns that some children are not receiving the education they need. And in some extreme cases, home education could be used as a cover for abuse. We cannot allow this to happen and are committed to doing all we can to help ensure children are safe, wherever they are educated."
6. JONATHAN PRIOR: I want to read you a section of annex C: “The review will look in particular at if and how far home educated children have access to the five Every Child Matters outcomes.”
PENNY JONES: Ahh, I see, okay.
Some great blogs about covering these issues:
Posted by Tech at 16:14